About The Lawyer
She is a Turkish American, raised and educated in New York.
- Juris Doctorate from Temple Law School-1993
- Bachelor of Arts from State Univ. New York, Stony Brook- 1990
Temple Law Ranked in Top Ten for Higher Caliber Graduates who are most prepared for practice, according to a survey of elite lawyers
Bar Admission: New York, 1994
Experience: An Immigration Attorney for 21 years
Previous Legal Experience
Arbitrator: New York Civil Court, Kings County, NY
- Judging and deciding cases up to $3,000
Criminal Court: New York City Criminal Court
- Writing legal opinions for Judge Sheryl Parker
Criminal Prosecution: District Attorney's Office, Philadelphia, PA
- Sitting-in as assistant prosecutor.
Published Books: Being Human: Facts and Cases on Human Rights , 2005
Warning Signals of Dangerous Men, 2009
Awards: - Academic Excellence '87, '88, '89, '92
- New York City Outstanding Instructor of the Year '90
- New York City Instructor Dedication Award '86
Emel Ersan has been an Immigration lawyer for 22 years. She is the only Turkish lawyer in Tampa who specializes in Immigration.